Tuesday 26 November 2013

Big changes, big decisions, big results

Hi to anyone reading :)
Sorry I missed last week's entry, I shall do a quick 2 week summary... 
Week - 10 to 17 November
Best. week. ever. 
Due to the non results of the week before, I decided to make sure my weeks workouts were all high intensity, so besides bootcamp, which for one session included ALOT of stairs (so so so hard), meant that my other work outs were jogging (as much as I could manage with some walking, which by the way was 39mins for 5km), a 30 minute training circuit of different amount of reps at home involving squats, bicep dips, push ups, burpees, lunges and planking...and a bit more vigourous aqua jogging session.
I am happy to report, last weeks result was 900 grams lost. I was over the  moon :D :D ....Especially because this is the week I decided to have some McDonalds..to try their new georgie pie pies. 
I have not had junk food like Mcdonalds since I started this new way of living 7 months ago, and the funny thing is, while the pie was ok, and so was the big mac I treated myself to ... it wasn't amazing. And if anything, it was confirmation for me, that my prior addiction to that sort of food is over. It was "enjoyable" I guess...but I enjoy other foods more now, and if I dont have it again for a long time..I don't care. Either way, it was awesome being able to have a  couple of days last week where I went over my calories, and still lost weight :)
I also made a big decision as my next challenge, to enter the Round the bays 6.5km fun run in Wellington at the end of February next year. I've never done this event, and I never would have dreamed I would enter it as anything else than a walker :) but I am making it my mission to jog/run as much of the 6.5kms as I can. With the achievements I have made so far, I know I can do it! I will try my best either way. I will also be entering a 21km walk at the end of march. Should be interesting!
So all in all, a great week - heaps of great work outs, great results, great decisions and challenges set for the future.

Week - 18 to 24 November
Best. Week. Ever. 
Yes, I just said that about the previous week, but this one tops it for me..for a few reasons...Overall a great week of workouts, and some surprising moments for me. 
First life defining moment (those who read my FB updates, sorry this is a repeat): but I was having a bit of lazy day on Tuesday night, didn't feel like doing much, but thought I'd do Zumba as an easy workout at home... after 10mins I  got bored out of my mind, which surprised me as I've always found Zumba fun. So instead, I decided to do my full on 30 min training circuit... it was bloody hard, but I kind of felt like, well if i'm spending the time exercising, damnit I want to make it count. And I ended up enjoying it, and burning 400 calories. The first time in my life where I have CHOSEN the harder option.
Second life defining moment of the week was the last session of the five week/ten session bootcamp. The fitness test. 
I was actually speechless at my results, and I could not stop smiling for the rest of the evening, or the next day. 
My results are as follows:
Yoyo running test (Run two times 20m, 10 second rest (walk 10m).
Initial: Stage 5.3 
Retest: Stage 8.4
note: I actually don't really know the difference between the levels in terms of time, but I'm pretty sure I did about another 50% on top of what I achieved last time. I must pay more attention next time. But when I got to 5.3 this time, I didn't feel tired!!! (I got told that there is 16 stages per level)
Squats  (as many as possible in 2 minutes)
Initial: 56
Retest: 68
Burpees (as many as possible in 2 minutes)
Initial: 26
Retest: 33
Note: damn these were killer
Push ups (on knees) (as many as possible without stopping/slowing down)
Initial: 15
Retest: 32
Plank / Prone hold
Initial: 36 seconds
Retest: 1min 12 seconds
Measurements
2cm lost on waist
2cm lost on hips 
Weight
Initial: 93.2kgs
After: 90.8kgs 
So basically, I could not be any happier right now. The improvement I have achieved in just 5 weeks astound me, I did not realise I could do such a thing, and it fills me with SO much motivation, I can't even put it into words. I cannot wait till the next round of bootcamp. This next one 4 weeks/8 sessions. :) It's also extremely strange to me I actually ENJOY this type of exercise now.
My personal trainer there is amazing. Swear she makes all the difference.
I don't even care I had no loss on the scales this week.
And I've just today restarted the couch to 5k programme so I actually have a shot at completing round the bays!  
I will have some new photos next week :)




1 comment: